Some Interesting Biology Research Paper Topic Ideas
When choosing a research paper topic, it’s advised to choose a topic of your interest. However, it is also quite important to know what kind of people are going to read it. Here are some interesting topics that you may want to research on. I advise on writing on issues that are currently affecting the people.
- Obesity and genetics – In this topic, you may want to research on what type of genes are most likely to suffer obesity and why it is so. If any, what can be done to prevent this from happening to future generations?
- Effects of Abortions on future pregnancies – This topic is quite interesting and might prove interesting and enlightening.
- Homosexuality and genetics – It may seem quite far fetched, but some research has been carried out on this. It would be interesting to cover what type of genes are responsible for heterosexuality, homosexuality and mainly forgotten bisexuality.
- Biological weapons: could Ebola be used as a biological weapon?
- Do alternative medicines really work? – Cover the scientific bit of the herbs and modern medicine, and see which is most likely to work better.
- Relation between vaccines and autism in infants
- Birth control: Health effects of birth control pills and menstruation control pills
- Cancer: Cancer and the environment - What could cause cancer in our natural environment? Or what activities do we carry out that could cause cancerous growth?
- Where did humans originate? - This is a good topic and you could dive into various theories.
- Genetic diseases – Look into genetic diseases like Down syndrome and sickle cell anemia. You can look at either or both of them under the general topic.
- Meningitis: Researching on this mystery that continues to puzzle till now.
- Nanotechnology: Taking a look at nanotechnology, its advantages and disadvantages and if it is applicable in our lives.
- Phobias: A deep dive into the human brain as you try to figure out what causes phobias and if there is a scientific way of dealing with the phobias.
- Hypnosis: Biological angle to hypnosis. Is it really possible or is this all on your head?
- Sleep: Its advantages and what would happen if one does so a lot? Sleeping disorders and their possible cures/treatments.