Fifteen Good Persuasive Essay Topics About Dress Code For 6th Graders
Student dress codes are hot topics online and in social media. Due to the inconsistencies between female and male dress codes, students of all ages are sharing pictures about outfits that have been problematic in schools around the country. Since this topic is so controversial right now, students are interested in voicing their opinion. In order to give students a voice, teachers can assign persuasive essay papers. Here are 15 good topics about dress codes for students in 6th grade:
- 1. Why are girls’ and boys’ dress codes so different?
- 2. What should be the proper punishment for students who violate the dress code?
- 3. What should be the appropriate dress code for female students and for male students?
- 4. Is it better to have school uniforms or dress codes? Explain your answer.
- 5. Many schools have female dress codes where girls’ skirts and shorts should be “fingertip length.” Research this rule and discuss whether or not it is should be used or not.
- 6. What can parents do to help their children stay in compliance with school dress codes?
- 7. How do school dress codes prepare students for life in the world of work?
- 8. Research dress codes in schools in at least three other countries. Then, decide which dress code rules are the best.
- 9. Why do you think schools have dress codes? Are they still necessary today?
- 10. Dress codes are usually just for students. Should adults in the schools have dress codes, too? Why or why not?
- 11. Who makes the decisions about dress codes in your school? To what extent should students be involved in making policy about dress codes?
- 12. Is dress code an issue of personality? What happens to student expression when students have to wear uniforms to school?
- 13. What is worse? A girl wearing a dress with spaghetti straps or a boy wearing jeans so low that you can see his underwear? Explain your opinion.
- 14. What are the benefits of having and enforcing a dress code in schools today?
- 15. Discuss whether or not students should be able to show tattoos and alternative piercings in school. Explain your opinion.
When you decide on a topic for dress codes, you might have to do a bit of research to find data and historical facts. You might even need to interview a school board member, a principal, or a teacher to find out information about dress codes in your school district.